2013 “B” Recreation
Tournament Rules & Regulations
All J.O. ASA Rules apply with these exceptions and additions
1. Home Team: Will be determined by coin toss at end of pre-game meeting.
2. Forfeit Time: Game time is forfeit time. Please be ready to play.
3. Game Time: Games will start at the scheduled time or 10 minutes after end of the previous game.
4. Time Limits:
· Pool Play Games: No new inning can begin after 1 hour & 20 minutes.
· Elimination Games: No new inning can begin after 1 hour & 20 minutes.
· Championship Games: 7 innings or no new inning after 1 hour 20 minutes.
5. Ties in Pool Play: If game is tied after 7 innings, or if time expires and the inning in progress is completed, it will remain a tie score.
6. Pool Play Games: In pool play games only, the Coach may elect to bat all players in attendance (Bat the Bench). If batting the bench, the last out may be used as a courtesy runner for pitcher or catcher. If a player scheduled to bat has left the game, an out shall be declared for each turn missed. Elimination game substitutions will be governed by ASA rules.
7. Tie breaker for Championship seeding:
a) Head to Head b) Runs Allowed c) Runs Scored d) Coin Toss
8. International TieBreaker: In Elimination & Championship Play will begin after 7 innings or 1 hour & 20 minutes.
9. Run Rule: 12 runs after 3 innings
10 runs after 4 innings
8 runs after 5 innings
10. Run Limits: 10U & 12U Only: 4 runs per inning in innings 1, 6 runs in innings 2 & 3. The side is retired when the run limit has been reached or 3 outs have been recorded.
11. Protests: Protests of rule interpretations must be made prior to the next pitch and protest of illegal substitutions must be made while the player is still in the game. A $50.00 protest fee must accompany these protests. If the protest is upheld by the UIC the fee will be returned. If the protest is denied the $50.00 fee is forfeited. Player eligibility protest must be made before the end of the game or before the officials leave the playing field (no protest fee is required). Any team guilty of playing an ineligible player will forfeit the current game.